As a Business and Financial Management Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting Business operations by reviewing both current and prior year transactional records including contract files, purchase card transactions, fuel charges, and printing and training requests, and all other records identified in order to determine the status of receipt of goods and services, final invoicing, completion of service and deliverables as well as coordination with other agencies in order to successfully close out the transaction or contract.
Review of Outstanding/Unliquidated Transactions to determine if:
- All payments processed are accurate and properly annotated in the administrative file;
- All amendments/modifications and adjustments are properly recorded in the system of record;
- Outstanding amounts reflected are accurate;
- Validate residual amounts with the performing activity on contracts.
Create and maintain hard copy and electronic fiscal and contract files. Files may contain all or some of the following: funding documents (basic and amendments), all final correspondence, reports, forms, contracts, contract modifications, invoices, and any other supporting documentation in designated binders and applicable file folders. Prepare file folders and its contents along with proper labeling for placement in appropriate fiscal year drawers and bookshelves.
Reconciliation of Accounts
Reconcile previous year’s Status of Funds reports with Management Reports by Cost Center or as identified by the reconciliation report. Print required reports for review and validation. Identify discrepancies, research and obtain necessary supporting documentation to make corrections. Perform with other reconciliation efforts of financial records as needed especially in light of manning shortages or at the end of the fiscal year. Approximately 10 cost centers will be assigned for reconciling five (5) prior year open appropriations.
Make phone calls to other contractors and customers to obtain information on open/outstanding orders; status of procurement packages or funding documents; required supporting documentation, receiving reports, invoices, statements, etc.
Review invoices received through Invoicing, Receipt, Acceptance and Property Transfer, and compare to existing contracts to ensure invoice is in compliance with contract pricing, terms, and conditions. Ensure that supporting documentation such as but not limited to, travel receipts, packing slips, and shipping documents are provided.
Our Ideal Candidates Are:
- Strong communicators and not afraid to hold others accountable
- Confident and proactive in communicating challenges or opportunities
- Able to prioritize workload and adhere to established timelines
- Extremely Organized
- Comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Committed to personal success, as well as their peers
- At least one (1) year of experience in Administrative and Financial Management Support Services.
- Basic computer skills (the ability to navigate to a webpage, make entries, use a mouse, enter data on basic spreadsheets, etc.) are absolutely essential.
- Strong mathematical skills, able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze contract details, funding transactions, payment discrepancies as it applies to Business Operations transactions and records
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial practices to reconcile accounts, discuss logically with vendors outstanding balances, unfilled orders, accounts payable issues, etc.
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to pass a secret level security clearance.
- Maintains a DoD Secret Level Clearance
- Has at least one (1) year of experience in utilizing SABRS, PR Builder and SMARTs report
- Has at least one (1) year of experience in utilizing FASTDATA
- Has at least one (1) year of experience in utilizing STARSFL