Performs quality assurance activities with little supervision for one or more software development projects. Assists with the development of the project, Software Quality Assurance Plan, and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract. Provides input into the assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and collaborates with the team to recommend methods to optimize the organization’s process.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 3+ years in software development
- Understanding of different software development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.).
- Ability to develop and document test plans, and create and update test cases based on functional and technical specifications.
- Understanding of both manual and automated testing methodologies, processes, and testing metrics.
- Learn to independently test .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components.
- Ability to develop application testing knowledge on the Windows platform, especially Client/Server .Net and Java applications, data synchronization, Global Platform, and Biometrics, and XML/SOAP applications.
- Basic understanding of how to create, edit, update SQL statements.
- Fundamental knowledge in scripting languages to automate testing tasks.
- Ability to learn to use automated testing tools.
- Experience using version control systems (i.e., CVS, VSS, or TFS).
- Experience using issue tracking software (i.e., JIRA, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro).
- Strong time management skills.
- Basic analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: Intermediate.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U.S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Understand how to create and update QA test plans and test cases based on requirements and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of the database and network architecture used by the applications and how it may or may not impact the testing efforts for the software releases.
- Understand application business rules, configuration management and deployment processes, testing, infrastructure, and backend components required to support the application.
- Ability to map test cases to requirements via the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Design test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional requirements as defined in technical specs.
- Report findings and provide metric inputs.
- Serve as a project application tester for projects to design and implement innovative solutions.
- Support the testing needs of multiple complex software applications, databases, web services, data files, hardware components, system integration, and sync processing.
- Test projects for maintenance, patches, and releases.
- Design test scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional requirements as defined in technical specs.
- Manually test applications.
- Ability to follow standard testing processes and methodologies.
- Ability to test multiple projects during a release time frame.
- Test applications, develop manual and automation scripts for functional and synchronization process validation.
- Consistently follow standard testing processes and methodologies.
Assessment and Documentation
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to obtain requirements, specs and pertinent data to accurately test supported applications.
- Ensure issues and defects are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner during a testing cycle.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Build, confirm, and prioritize project plans and deliverables with senior team members.
- Work independently in a collaborative team environment.
- May work in a team with other clients and vendors.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attend required training.
- Maintains a DoD Secret Level Clearance
- CompTIA Security + Certification