Performs and supports automation scripting activities, working independently, for one or more complex software development projects. Creates and develops projects, Software Quality Assurance Testing Plans, and implements procedures that conform to the requirements of the contract. Provides an assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and leads Automation Testers to properly develop framework and automation scripts.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in software development
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- 5 or more years of testing/development experience in Waterfall, Agile or Iterative development environments using testing tools such as Test Partner, SilkTest or Selenium Experience independently testing complicated .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components. Application testing on the Windows platform with an emphasis on Java, XML/SOAP or Client/Server .Net applications.
- Relational Database and strong SQL knowledge are needed to create, modify, and validate test data.
- Demonstrated ability developing frameworks and automation scripts in multi-tiered application environments with complex business rules is required.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process and the QA function.
- Extensive experience using scripting languages to automate testing tasks (Visual Basic, VBA, or JScript preferred).
- Current experience with automated testing tools such as TestPartner, SilkTest, or Selenium.
- Experience using version control systems such as SVN, CVS, VSS, or TFS.
- Experience using issue tracking software such as Jira, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U.S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Perform development tasks to modify/enhance the automation framework.
- Perform assessments of new tools to be incorporated into the test environment.
- Support quality assurance test automation needs of one or more projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers and developers in shared environments with two regions using multiple and different databases to develop frameworks and automation scripts properly.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge in the development tools used to support the automation framework.
- Work closely with application testers to ensure proper configuration and setup of automation scripting and to provide periodic training on automation best practices across the QA Enterprise.
- Ensure data and applications are in a known initial state, perform a set of actions against the applications, validate and provide reports on automation test results.
Test Data Management
- Work with QA Analyst to assess test data needs for automated testing.
- Lead diagnosis of data issues and create processes to correct long-term issues.
- Lead efforts to retain a clean data environment by setting the direction for the team.
- Sets data creation standards and monitor artifacts to ensure they are followed.
- Serve as a mentor to other test data managers.
Assessment and Documentation
- Present technical findings to the department and automation staff.
- Understand and apply in-depth knowledge of automation toolsets, data governance, and validation practices.
- Understand multiple application business rules across the enterprise, configuration management process, deployment process, test/model infrastructure, and backend components.
- Coordinate and lead others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans, and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Build, confirm, and prioritize project plans and deliverables with clients and vendors.
- Work independently in a collaborative team environment, often with other clients and vendors.
- Monitor projects and ensures client requirements are met.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills and strong leadership and project management skills.
- Serve as team leader and mentor to work with clients and vendors.
- Assist management with recruiting and training of staff.
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, standard process documentation and other documents related to the government contract.
- Attend required training.
- Maintains a DoD Secret Level Clearance
- CompTIA Security + Certification