Serves as a lead tester. Performs quality assurance activities with no supervision for one or more complex software development projects. Creates and develops project Software Quality Assurance Plans and implements procedures that conform to the requirements of the contract. Provides an assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and leads the team in recommending methods to optimize the organization’s process.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in software development
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.).
- Ability to develop and document test plans and create test cases based on software requirements and functional/technical specifications.
- Comprehensive understanding of both manual and automated testing methodologies, processes, and testing metrics.
- Ability to independently test .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components.
- Skilled in application testing on the Windows platform, especially Client/Server .Net and Java applications, data synchronization, Global Platform and Biometrics, and XML/SOAP applications.
- Ability to create, edit, update SQL statements.
- Adept in scripting languages to automate testing tasks.
- Knowledgeable in automated testing tools.
- Experience using version control systems (i.e., CVS, VSS, or TFS).
- Experience using issue tracking software (i.e., JIRA, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro).
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Test applications, develop manual and automation scripts for functional and synchronization process validation.
- Create and update QA test plans and test cases based on the requirements’ functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to design and map test cases to requirements via the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proficient knowledge of the database and network architecture used by the applications and how it may or may not impact the testing efforts for the software releases.
- Ensure issues/defects are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner during a testing cycle.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Validate accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Serve as a project application lead tester for projects to design and implement innovative solutions to complex testing.
- Support the testing needs of multiple complex software applications, databases, web services, data files, hardware components, system integration, and sync processing.
- Ability to test multiple projects during a release time frame.
Assessment and Documentation
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to obtain requirements, specifications, and pertinent data to accurately test supported applications.
- Understand application business rules, configuration management and deployment processes, testing infrastructure, and backend components required to support the application.
- Consistently follow standard testing processes and methodologies.
- Monitors projects and ensures client requirements are met.
- Coordinate and lead others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Build, confirm, and prioritize project plans and deliverables with clients and vendors.
- Work independently in a collaborative team environment, often with other clients and vendors.
- Monitor projects and ensures client requirements are met.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills and strong leadership and project management skills.
- Serve as team leader and mentor to work with clients and vendors.
- Assist management with recruiting and training of staff.
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, standard process documentation and other documents related to the government contract.
- Attend required training.
- Maintains a DoD Secret Level Clearance
- CompTIA Security + Certification